1.20.2013

20 random posts : : my life's theme

The prompt for this post was "If your life had a theme, what would it be?"

I couldn't help but think of this post that my former pastor once wrote--it's what I want my life to look like:

Life should NOT be a play-it-safe journey to the grave with the intention of leaving behind a hefty bank account, lots of toys and no broken bones but rather a skid in sideways--an empty wallet in one hand--God's Word in the other—my body thoroughly used up, totally worn out making much of Jesus and screaming, "Wow, What a Ride.
-- Mark Waite

If I had to give a theme for my life, it'd probably be learning.  Learning through my classes for my degree.  Learning more about God through my church and other Bible studies.  Mostly just learning about how to trust God.

A lot of times I find myself wondering where on earth I'm going.  Where am I going to get a job?  Where am I going to transfer to?  What's my goal with my education?  Where am I going after I graduate?

And I start freaking out because I just don't know!!!!!

And then I'm like, "Sarah, chill."

"take a chill pill," as Chloe would say.

He has it all under control.

Who knows.  But He does. 

* to read more from Pastor Mark, visit his blog
** photo from weheartit.com

1 comment:

-Bess- said...

Yes, I'm right there with you in all the wonderings. But, He does have the map. =)
Love,
-Bess-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...