Here's my mini bucket list for 2014 (check out my 13 in '13 here). I sort of hate the name that I've come up with, so if anyone has any suggestions please shout them out. Anyway,in these I set out more practical goals, ones that can generally be accomplished by a single event, and that aren't as vague as the broader, yearly resolutions I make. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped last year (8 out of 13), but it was still a fun challenge. This year I'm going to narrow it down to ten, though I may add something as I go.
1. Travel...somewhere. Mexico, New York, Kenya...I'd love to go somewhere I've never been before.
2. Get at least a third of
the way through memorizing 1 Corinthians. I have the first two
chapters down, so I only need three or four more. If possible I'd like
to try and get even farther than that in the book.
3. Use my camera more. I really wish I'd taken more pics this past year, and I really want to work on that in 2014. Especially because my camera was so dang expensive...it's not worth it if it's just sitting there.
4. Get a job. Well, this is a repeat...
5. Run a mile. Rachel has this app called Zombie Run that might help inspire me. The zombies are right behind you--runnnnnn!
6. Find a good church in Las Cruces. I forget how important a strong, supportive church family is until I come back home and remember what I've left behind.
7. Get accepted into the NMSU College of Education.
8. Be adventurous. By nature, my tendency is to actually run in the opposite direction of things like adventures (I really commiserate with Bilbo at the beginning of The Hobbit), but they are definitely opportunities to shove me toward the Lord. And I need all of that I can get.
9. Make a paper airplane. I have never, in my entire life, made a paper airplane. And I think it's time that changed.
10. Check five things off my bucket list.