12.25.2011

31 Days of Song, Day #25 - Merry Christmas!!!

It is here!  At last, it is Christmas! :) I think I've never enjoyed a Christmas as much as I am enjoying this one now.  There is something so special about having Christmas fall on a Sunday so that believers everywhere can gather together and have a church service that's both "normal" and special.  I enjoyed this so much today.  Now I get to spend the rest of the day with my family!



The song I specifically chose to post for today is one of the ones from Keith and Kristyn Getty's new CD.  I love this song, and thought it was perfect to save for today.

In this season of much singing I ask those who love our Lord Jesus to ask very specially for singing hearts.  It would be sad if the lovely Christmas hymns and carols sounded only like a noise--even a noise of music--to Him.  But if they are the glad and wondering adoration of our hearts, then I think they will give Him joy.  Do not forget what Christmas cost Him--Gethsemane and Calvary.
-- Amy Carmichael



Have a wonderful Christmas!  Make sure to take some time to read the story of how it all happened.  My favorite part of the Bible that talks about this is Luke 1:1-2:40.  Enjoy!


To grant to us that we, being rescued from the hand of our enemies, might serve Him without fear, in holiness and righteousness before Him all our days.
Luke 1:74-75

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...