12.09.2012

wakened by kindness

About a week ago, on the 1st or the 2nd, I realized that we hadn't had any snow yet where I live.  We had a light dusting a few weeks ago, but it melted the same day.  I'm really nostalgic--Christmas lights, snow, caroling, etc., so I was really hoping for a white Christmas.  I decided to pray about it; you know, one of those silly little prayers that you pray sometimes, thinking in the back of your mind that it's too small a thing for the Lord to really care about it.

Well...look outside.



Down in the human heart, crush'd by the temper,
Feelings lie buried that grace can restore;
Touched by a loving heart, wakened by kindness
Chords that were broken will vibrate once more.
Fanny Crosby

1 comment:

Payton Stitzer said...

Wow! Maybe I need to pray for some here! You know the same thing happened for a pastor friend in England? It's amazing to me God cares about such little things...Yet He does care and shows it to us!
P.S. I've been following your blog for a while and like it very much. Your goal to go to India has interested me, for I share the same desire.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Payton

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...