11.22.2012

what's cooking...pumpkin pie!

So, as I posted earlier this month in my first Let's Resolve post, one of my goals for this month was to cook something.  I decided to take myself up on that yesterday evening when I baked a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!  Since it's baking, I'm not sure if it actually qualifies, so I'm going to try and cook something else later this month.  For now, though, I really enjoyed making this pie!  Probably because it's just about the easiest recipe in the world and went off without a hitch.  I love pumpkin pie, too, so there was an ulterior motive.


Ingredients:

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell


Combine all your dry ingredients.

Add your eggs!  And if you have to go diving for an eggshell, don't worry about it...it's all part of the process.

Add that pumpkin!

If your can opener is absolute crap, don't worry--that's what your mother is for.

Pour in your evaporated milk.

Mix it up!

We accidentally got two shallow pie crusts, rather than one deep dish, so I just made two. :)


Throw those bad boys in the oven at 425 for 15 minutes.  Then, reduce the temperature to 350 and go for another 40 or 50 minutes.

The finished product!  As you can see, it's a bit lopsided since there were two pies on the cooking sheet and they had to kind of lean on each other, but we were going for taste over appearance!  And it was delicious. :)


I also made deviled eggs!  Kind of ironic since I don't like eggs, but my mom needed it done.


I got a bit zealous with the paprika on this one. :)

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!  I know I did--I had such a good time with my family just remembering all the things we're thankful for.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...