10.01.2012

weekdate #015

1. This week was pretty exciting!  First off, on Wednesday I had my first day of classroom observation!  I'm going to an elementary school just a few minutes away from my house, and am with a second grade class.  I had such a great time!  The teacher I'm with is amazing, and not only was I able to watch, I was also able to help some of the kids with a reading assignment.  It was such a blessing; I can't wait to see what happens over the rest of the semester!

2. Also for my intro to teaching class, this week I had to write a paper about my experiences in school: the good, the bad, etc.  I only had three years to glean from--first through third grade--but I really enjoyed writing the paper.  I wrote about a lot of memories from those years that I want to remember for years to come, and it's nice to have that preserved now.

3. On Friday, I left for Inlow with Rachel, Morgan, and the rest of the BSU group I've been attending for my first BSU conference and retreat!  The speaker was Jeff Lewis, and I so enjoyed hearing from him.  Through his teaching he reminded me of my identity in Christ, and how precious that is!



4. While on the retreat, I was introduced to this song by the David Crowder Band.  It's called "After All (Holy)", and I absolutely love it.  I've been playing it on my guitar ever since we got home. :)

5. Today and tomorrow I am in midterm mode!  Huge, nasty, wretched anthropology midterm, here I come! :D

6. I can't believe it's already October!  I love it though--autumn's my favorite season. :)


"The love of Christ compels us"
2 Cor. 5:14 NKJV

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...