9.24.2012

weekdate #014

1. This week I have been starting to get ready for my anthropology midterm on October 3.  It's going to be a really hard test, so I'm getting a head start.

 Hooray for 75 definitions and 27 essay questions! :(

2. On Wednesday we all went to the state fair!  It was a lot of fun, even though it was blazing hot! :)

*credit for all the photos goes to Ellie*


3. Also on Wednesday I had my first class for introduction to teaching.  It was a late start one, and it's only 12 weeks long, but I'm really looking forward to it!  My teacher is great and there's not much homework.  Overall it just sounds like it's going to be a fun class.

4. For my intro to teaching class I have to have 45 hours of classroom observation.  Basically I go to a school and sit in on a class for 4-5 hours a week and just see what teaching is actually like.  I'm going to be going to an elementary school about five minutes away from my house.  I'll be with a second grade class, which is exactly what I wanted!  I start this Wednesday--so excited!

5. Yesterday I sang on the worship team in church for the first time in months.  It'll probably be my last time in months, too, because my intro to teaching class is right when worship practice is, but it was a nice opportunity.  Thanks, Corey! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...