9.20.2012

20 random posts : : my greatest challenge

So this is number 5 in my 20 random posts series: my greatest challenge.  I lead such a difficult, persecuted and suffering life, it was hard to narrow it down... Ha!  God is so incredibly good for me.


" far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think"
Ephesians 3:20

I would have to say that my greatest challenge right now would be in being content with where God has me.  As I go through my classes and look for a job, I have to admit, I want to be out of here!  I want to be in India already, teaching kids at an orphanage and ministering to people in true need!  My desire is to be a few years down the road, finished with my degree, on the mission field.  But I guess I'll always struggle with that: once I'm in India, I'll want to get married, and then I'll want children, and then I'll want grandchildren!  I'll always struggle with trusting God's purpose with my placement in the world.

To combat this sort of thing, I usually try to figure out why God has me where I am now, and what I can do here and now that will minister to people.  For example, I think one of the reasons He has me here, going to school and working and living with my family, is so I can grow up and gain some life experience before I just go off on my own.  I mean, I'm only 19--I haven't really done much with my life yet!  I need time to grow in the Lord, to establish myself and solidify my faith, and to just prepare myself for what He'll have for me.

 Sorry for the terrible quality!

In terms of ministering to people here and now, I have my Compassion kids: Djamsel, Majoie, and Cristian.  The three of them are such incredible blessings in my life; everytime I look at their pictures on my wall, I'm just blown away that the Lord of the universe, who created these kids and can speak to them so much better than I can, has allowed me to reach out to them, even if in just some small way.

Overall, in struggling with contentment in God's plan, I just have to remind myself that He is God, I'm not, and He's in control.  I am learning to rest in Him


May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way.
2 Thessalonians 3:16

I wanted to share some of the music I've been worshipping to lately.  Enjoy!



I found this song a long time ago and just recently discovered it again. It is so beautiful!



I had heard this song before, but I guess they did a new recording of it recently, and I like it a lot more. I know I haven't done an Everyday's Thanksgiving post in ages, but this song reminds me anew of how much I have to be thankful for; 10,000 things to thank Him for shouldn't be difficult, let alone 1000!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...