4.28.2013

SF : : Day 1

Okay, so here's the pics from the first day of the trip that Rachel and I took to San Francisco.  I can't promise that day 2 will be done anytime in the foreseeable future, at least until I'm done with finals, but at least I've begun!

So I think I may have mentioned in a previous post that this was my first time flying.  Ever.  Kind of sad but, you know, at least I did it before I turn twenty.  Anyway, the concept of flying was a pretty daunting one and I was pretty freaked out.  Our first flight was on a pretty small plane, which I think made it worse, but after that our connecting flight and then the ones coming home were all great.  I really like flying, although Rachel officially hates it.


Preparing for takeoff...but really nothing could have prepared us. ;)



 After we landed in SF, we dropped our bags off at our hotel and then went to Treasure Island, where we saw the ocean for the first time!  It was crazy windy and cold, but the view was really beautiful.
 After going to Treasure Island we drove around SF for awhile.  It was pretty terrifying.  The traffic is a nightmare, the roads are basically vertical, and I was so lost.
We went to Japantown, even though all the shops were closed for the night.
And, finally, we went out to eat at this awesome little hole-in-the-wall restaurant called...Crepevine?  I think that's what it was.  I highly recommend it for anyone in SF.
Day 2 will be up sometime this week.
* all pics were taken either by me or Rachel

1 comment:

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Neat!! Thanks for sharing pictures. Looks like y'all had a fabulous time. :) Becca and I will be flying to CA in June... I'm rather terrified! I keep saying (and Rachel might agree with me!): "If the Lord meant for us to fly, He would have given us wings.." But yeah. I'm not looking forward to that part. However, I'm looking forward to the trip. :)
I've heard about SF streets. Guess they are as bad as they sound.. eep. Hope to see pics from part 2!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...