7.03.2012

five weeks

I can't believe that I've already been here at Glorieta for 5 1/2 weeks!  Time is just flying by; I love this place so much!

My time mainly consists of working five days a week, and then hanging out with people or doing laundry.  Last Saturday afternoon I played paintball for the first and last time. :) The first wound I received was to my temple, and I couldn't hear for a few moments.  After that I was shot another time in the head, four times on my back, twice on my arm, and once on my leg.  I finally bowed out halfway through because I just wasn't having a good time, but more power to all those paintball fanatics out there!  I certainly admire your courage. :)

This week is Christmas week for all the summer staff.  We each drew a name, and we give our person little gifts throughout the week, finally culminating this Sunday.  We each filled out a form that kind of described what each person was like.  I'm having a great time thinking up stuff for my person!

Today I received my first gifts from my secret Santa.  First was a box of corn Chex on my doorstep, since I'd said that that was one of my favorite foods.  The second gift came tonight when I was eating dinner.  I had finished my meal, and I noticed that one of my fellow staff members had his guitar with him.  It was definitely strange to have it with him in the dining hall, but I didn't give it more than a passing thought.  Suddenly, however, he came over to my table and starting yelling for everyone in the dining hall to quiet down--and I mean everyone: Fuge kids, Fuge staff, volunteers, and everyone in between.  I still didn't know what was going on, though, until he suddenly announced, "This is a Christmas present for my girl Sarah here."  I literally almost fell out of my chair.  It was such a surprise!  Then he played me a song, but I don't know what it was.  There were a lot of ooohs that everyone sang along with.  Halfway through another one of the guys on staff came up and gave me some flowers and a card, because on my form I'd written that I've never gotten flowers from anyone.  It was probably the best gift I've ever gotten!  I felt so loved. :)


Have a great week, everyone! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...