6.21.2012

four weeks!

I have now been at Glorieta for almost four entire weeks!  I honestly can't believe it's going by so fast.  I am having a blast.  The people here are amazing, and I love my job, even if it's hard a lot of the time.  The international people are still the ones that challenge me the most with their faith.  Even as I write this, a woman from Germany is praying over one of the girls who's having a hard day.  It's such a great thing when people aren't afraid to openly act on their beliefs.

Next week we're having 500 more students come than we've had previously, bringing our numbers up to about 1600.  It's really daunting, but I know God will provide for everything we need--strength, hands to work, grace and kindness, etc.

Tomorrow I have a day off!  I'm going to go do some laundry, maybe take a walk around campus, and hang out with some other people from work who have some time off.  I'm excited. :) Also, my dad is coming home this weekend!

I finished reading "Then Sings My Soul" about a week ago, and I've been working on writing a verse of a hymn to every person on staff here.  There's about 60 of them, so it's taking me awhile, but I'm almost done.  I hope it will be an encouragement to them.

I love this part of a verse in "I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say" by Horatius Bonar.

I came to Jesus as I was,
Weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting place,
And He has made me glad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...