9.05.2011

Laboring as to the Lord

Happy Labor Day, everybody!

Around here, holidays like Labor Day don't do much to change our daily life.  Daddy works at home, so it isn't like this is a special day off of work, and with Ellie being homeschooled she takes about one day a week off.  Rachel and I are only going to CNM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so we didn't get a day off of school.  But today has just been amazing so far!  I have all of my homework done, so what I've been doing today is just stuff to get a little bit ahead.  Mama, Chloe, and I went to Walmart to get stuff for our Labor Day cookout and, wouldn't you know it, God blessed us with three mountain bikes, one each for me, Rachel, and Ellie, on sale for just $29 each!  We've all been thinking that it would be nice to buy bikes, and these are just fantastic (fantastically cheap too)!  This afternoon we went and tested them out all together, and then made shish kebabs while Ellie made chocolate chip zucchini bread (amazing).  Right now I'm taking a break from psychology before we go eat dinner together.  The rest of our evening plans include a Bible study together, maybe some singing, as well as making smores, using up some leftover fireworks, and watching a Steven Curtis Chapman DVD we've had for about three months and still haven't watched.

My point to all of this is just to say that, amidst all the hubbub of starting college and continuing on at McDonalds and everything else, there is peace in the Lord.  He is showing me how He will set me free from worry and stress if only I'll give it all to Him and realize that, really, what is there to worry about?  The worst thing that could happen is that I fail all four of my college classes (I dropped my chemistry), and if that happens I can just retake them or do something with my life that doesn't require a degree.  I want to take care of orphans, after all, and raising kids doesn't require a college degree.  Teaching kids does, though, and that's what I'm leaning towards majoring in now.  If that's His will for me, God will see me through!  In the end it's all a matter of perspective.  Why on earth would I worry?  It won't add a single hour; rather, it will waste the hours God has given me in which to glorify Him.  Let's use this time wisely, and labor for Him.

And He said to His disciples, “For this reason I say to you, do not worry about your life, as to what you will eat; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no storeroom nor barn, and yet God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds! And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life’s span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You men of little faith! And do not seek what you will eat and what you will drink, and do not keep worrying. For all these things the nations of the world eagerly seek; but your Father knows that you need these things. But seek His kingdom, and these things will be added to you. Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom.
 Luke 12:22-32

1 comment:

Hannah M. said...

What a great Labor Day, Sarah! :) So glad to get an update on the Butler's life! :) May God's peace continue to stay with you, and keep you, and guide you this year!
Miss you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...