1.22.2011

The Shelter of God's Promises

I originally got The Shelter of God's Promises from Book Sneeze because I thought the cover looked cool, and it would probably be a good idea to review some of God's promises.  I didn't expect the book to be what it was.  It was excellent.  In most books I've read that talk about God's promises, the author just gives a couple of verses applicable to a certain subject, tells you to "press on and be strong", and that's about it.  One of the things I most enjoyed about this book was how Sheila Walsh used a different passage of the Bible for each promise and explained it more fully, expanding it to show just how amazing each promise was and is.  One of my favorite chapters was probably the one whose basis was the Samaritan woman, and just the love and mercy Jesus showed to her.  All in all I think this was a great book, and would recommend it to anybody who's looking for something to read!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...