Here are my resolutions for 2014. Some of these are kind of repeats from last year, seeing as they're easily transferable throughout life.
1. Treat my body and mind in a way that honors the Lord.
2. Plant seeds in the soil of my soul through memorization of Scripture--sowing to please the Spirit.
Some Christians sow to the flesh every day,
and wonder why they do not reap holiness.
-- John Stott
3. Read one good, edifying book every month.
4. Write to my Compassion kids more often. I didn't do very well on this in 2013, and since these kids are some of the most important people in my life, I want to be more faithful to them.
5. Be more consistent in making time for the Lord every single day, through reading His word and prayer.
6. Make a radical plan. For instance, I have a very tentative plan for going to Kenya this summer. Whether or not it'll actually happen, this is a very radical plan for me, and I can't wait to see what the Lord will do! This year I want to be more open to the scarier things the Lord may call me to do.
7. Serve. Whether this occurs through volunteering somewhere, getting involved in my church, etc., I want to serve more.
Let us not lose heart in doing good,
for in due time we will reap
if we do not grow weary.