4.30.2011

An update

So I was looking through my records today, and it's been five months since I did an update about what's been going on lately.  So, I thought it was high time I elaborated on my life of late, especially since it's been so exciting.

I took my GED on January 10 and 11th (I think that was it, unless it was the 11th and 12th, but anyway...) and passed.  After that my parents let me quit school and look for a job.  I'd always thought it would be easy to find a job.  Sure, we're in an economic crisis and nobody else can find a job, but it wouldn't be that hard for me, right?  Wrong!  I looked for a job for three months.  Three months!  It took FOREVER.  However, God's timing is absolutely perfect.  The week most of my other activities ended, i.e., Bible club and Varsity, Rachel and I were both hired at McDonalds!  Granted, it's not where I first wished to be hired, but I'm actually really glad I work there now.  This past week was my first time working, and it was pretty hard, but it was actually fun!  So far I know how to take orders at the drive-thru and, how to do a couple food things, but mostly I know how to present.  That means I know how to get orders ready and hand the food out to the people in the drive-thru.  I love doing that.  It's so much fun!  Hopefully I'll get a more organized schedule this week, but otherwise I really like my job so far!  It's so strange to say that I'm actually working. :)

I've also attended a couple graduations in the past few weeks for some of my friends, and my own graduation will be on May 26th along with Rachel and three other people from our church.  Yes, I know, a massive graduating class of five. :)  I'm really excited that I'm finally graduating, even if it's hard to believe it's actually happening.

This summer I'll be going on a trip with my youth group to Regeneration.  It's a conference by John MacArthur that will be held at a camp just about two hours from here.  I'm really excited!  It'll be my last trip as a student, though, so it's kind of bittersweet.

Well, I think that's it!  Hope you all are doing well!


My senior picture!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like updates on Sarah Butler!!

Hannah M. said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing well, Sarah, congrats on your graduation! You're a blessing. :) Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...