7.01.2013

let's resolve : : June '13 results + July '13

1. Finish memorizing 1 Corinthians 3.  I am so close, but still not quite there.  At least it's a chapter I'm really enjoying.

2. Go visit people in Glorieta.  Rachel and I are actually going later on today, so I'm going to count this as a yes since I'm only a day late.  We were going to go last Monday but Rachel actually got sick, so this week worked a lot better for us.

3. Cook some meals for my family.  Nope.  Didn't do this at all.  I think I'll still try to make some things with Chloe--maybe cookies or simple stuff--but right now it just seems like I'm working all the time, so I might focus on this in a couple weeks.


4. Decide if I'm going to transfer or not.  As I said in my last post, I'll be moving to Las Cruces and attending NMSU this fall.  I feel like it's a really big decision to make since I'll be entirely on my own for the first time, but I'm at peace about it.  I know it'll be hard, but I'll just take it one day at a time.


5. Actually use my camera.  I took about five pics so I'd actually have one to use for my last post, but that's it.  But here's a cool pic that I took with my phone; someone set fire to one of the overpass bridges in ABQ and since it was right by my work Rachel and I went to see it after I got off.

For July:

1. Finish memorizing 1 Corinthians 3 and get started on chapter 4.  I should be done within a few days, and I'm excited to finally move on!

2. Have a sisters' day with Chloe.  The reality that I'll be moving several hours away is starting to sink in, and I want to spend as much time with my family as possible!

3. Apply for jobs in Cruces and give my two weeks' notice at my job in ABQ.  I'm thinking I'll quit the second or third week of August, and I'm also hoping to have another job already lined up in Cruces by the time I get there.  So I need to get on the ball with that.

4. Post more?  I just feel like lately I don't have anything to post about, and I don't want to post something crappy just so I'll have something up.  So if anything happens I'll post about it; maybe I'll write a bit about getting ready to move and what a nightmare the whole transfer process is.

5. Finish a really good book.  I've been reading a lot of novels lately, and I'd like to read something edifying; I might try to finish Idols of the Heart or maybe reread Don't Waste Your Life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...